How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music lovers and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot space available of up to forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about 5 thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod likewise includes the ergonomically designed Click Wheel where you can do fast forward, play, reverse, time out, and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise created in such a way that you would have the capability to establish your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to present randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has actually been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on providing more power to the user regarding personalization and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that offers modifications to your iPod in terms of appearance, either in terms of software application or hardware. Numerous firmware that provides iPod hacks, are readily available on the Internet sites like the iPodWizard that can change the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some people utilize iPod hacks since they seem to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current innovation abilities have actually offered a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a normal Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to manage any home electronic devices in your house. It can control your television, DVD gamer, Media Center, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Just put, you can utilize a Pocket PC to perhaps tape-record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start changing your TELEVISION channels. You now have a new universal push-button control.
The following are required before starting this example project of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Desktop Computer with a sound recording software set up.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. An overall remote software application and IR gadget
The following procedure guides you through changing your iPod into a remote control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most important element in this iPod hacks project is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, install the overall remote software on the MAC or PC. This software is suggested to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to consist of customer IR capabilities.
2. Tape-record the infrared signal by using a sound-editing program that can modify noises and eliminate channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remote’s to the PC by using the software application. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic equipment that you wish to control.
You can observe if you have recorded the sound effectively if you’ll hear odd beeps or pulses. This is essentially what an infrared signal would sound like. Using the SoundForge, you can in fact see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The procedure through the IR gadget would not work correctly if you missed this crucial step.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (really conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can evaluate the new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for remote managing any home electronic devices.
This fundamental example of iPod hacks is certainly really easy to understand. Software applications are already available that users can utilize to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, very risky with regard to its results on your iPod gadget. Unless handled by a professional service technician, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the modification is not ideal.